Thursday, October 16, 2008

O My Heart




The past three days, I have been obsessing over the new Mount Eerie record that just came out. Julie Doiron sings with him on the whole album. I admit, I have undying devotion to Phil Elverum. If nothing else, I am obsessive. You probably know that by now though, don't you? The Microphones, The Glow Pt. 2 is one of my favorite albums of all time. It fucks me up every time. I know that he hasn't produced anything as epic since then, but everything he has put out in between has solidified things for me.
The song O My Heart has affected me the most, so far. Towards the end, Phil and Julie sing: "O my heart, O there you are. I stopped hunting. I thought you would be as big as a whale." The last line really gets to me. How they sing "I thought you would be as big as a whale."
Just wait for it.

I take it pretty serious, I guess.
I can't help it.
I'm obsessed.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i guess i'm just as obsessed as you about this line.

"if we knew" is my favorite song though