Friday, May 08, 2009

Days Are Just Drops In the River, To Be Lost Always



Drops in the River by the Fleet Foxes

Crown of leaves, high in the window on a gold morning
Young today, old as a railroad tomorrow
Days are just drops in the river, to be lost always
Only you
Only you, you know

Years ago, birds of a feather would arrive nightly
Gone you know, held to another like clutched ivy
On the shore, speak to the ocean and receive silence
Only you
Only you, you know

Here as the caves of my memory fade, I'll hold to the first one
I wouldn't turn to another you say, on the long night we've made
Let it go...

Let it go.

Speak to me slow my dear, no ghost of course in here
Pleased to be lonesome, quiet and clear, all is alone in here



.
(Mount Hood on a sunshiny day! With Mount St. Helens, Mount Rainier, and Mount Adams in the distance. Click on the photo. Seriously, do it!)

No comments: